If you've completed a bachelor's degree in a foreign country and meet the English and/or Swedish requirements for the course or programme, you can apply for master's level studies in Sweden.

Sweden offers a number of master's programmes taught in English. For the autumn semester 2018, more than 780 1-year and 2-year master's programmes were offered at Swedish universities. There are also programmes offered at the master's level that are taught in Swedish.

In order to be eligible for higher education studies in Sweden, you must meet the general and specific entry requirements. This means that you must have completed certain studies in order to qualify. If you'd like to know what your previous studies are comparable to in Sweden, you can send your qualifications to the Swedish Council for Higher Education (Universitets- och högskolerådet, UHR) to find out if you meet the requirements. 

Find out more about recognition of foreign qualifications at uhr.se

What do I need to qualify for master's studies?

In general, if you wish to study a master's course or programme taught in English, you must have a bachelor's degree from an internationally recognised university and demonstrate proficiency in English. You must also meet any specific entry requirements for the course or programme. You can find much more information about what is required at Universityadmissions.se.

Read more about entry requirements at Universityadmissions.se

If you wish to study a master's programme of 1 or 2 years taught in Swedish, you can find information about these courses and programmes and what's required at the respective university or university college.

Contact information for universities and university colleges


Page last updated 2019-02-07