For assistance in finding accomodation, talk to the university to which you have been admitted. They often help their international students find housing.

Most foreign universities help international students to find accommodation. Some universities help with accommodation via host families. The university at which you are going to study can provide more information about its housing service.

Local housing agencies

If you have to organise your own accommodation, you can contact local housing agencies or advertise in newspapers.

Registering abroad

Normally, if you study abroad for more than a year, you should not remain registered in Sweden. If you are moving to another Nordic country, that country’s regulations decide if and when you will be registered there.

Skatteverket's information on registration when studying abroad (in Swedish)

Page last updated 2019-02-14