While waiting for your case to be processed, you can have your foreign qualifications evaluated by the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR). This can be helpful to you in the future when seeking employment.

In order for your future employer to have an idea of how your foreign qualifications compare to the Swedish system, you can have them assessed by UHR or a Swedish public authority. This document will help you when looking for a job position.

You can start this process while your case is being evaluated; you do not need to have a residence permit to have your qualifications reviewed.

Who should I contact?

UHR will assess your upper secondary school, vocational, and university qualifications and provide you with a document on how they compare to Swedish studies. This is called a Recognition Statement.

If you have a professional foreign degree, you can have that evaluated with the Swedish public authority that has responsibility for that profession. Please follow the links below to find out more:

Assessment of qualifications for job purposes

Professional degree and recognition


Page last updated 2020-02-07