Here you can find information on how to apply for an Erasmus+ grant. 

If you're studying at a Swedish university with the aim of getting a degree, you can study for 3–12 months at another university participating in the Erasmus+ programme.

Applying for an Erasmus+ grant for studies

You apply for a grant at the Swedish university at which you’re studying. In order to apply for a grant for studies with Erasmus+, you need to be registered for studies leading to a recognised degree.

To apply for an Erasmus+ grant, talk to your department, the international office or a study guidance counsellor at your university. They can help you with your application and with more information about the conditions and application dates that apply to you.

Erasmus+ outside of Europe

The Erasmus+ programme also provides opportunities for studying abroad outside of Europe. Talk to your department or the international office at your university to find out more.

Applying for extra funding for disabilities

If you have a disability where you need any kind of extra help to be able to go on an Erasmus+ exchange, it's possible to apply for extra funding to cover these costs.

Talk to your study guidance counsellor or the disabilities officer at your university for more information and help with your application. 

Find contact information for Sweden's universities

Additional grant for students with children

To facilitate a study abroad period for students with children, you can apply for an additional grant between 200 – 250 euro per month to cover extra costs. You can apply for the grant with assistance from the international office at your university.

You can also apply for grants for traineeships

Within Erasmus+ you can also receive a grant for a traineeship at a company or an organisation in another country participating in the Erasmus+ programme.

Find out more about Erasmus+ traineeships

Page last updated 2022-01-20