Some exchange programs offer special support for students with disabilities studying abroad.

Talk to a disability coordinator in advance

The majority of universities and university colleges in Sweden have a coordinator for students with disabilities. You can discuss your opportunities for special support when studying abroad with them.

Some exchange programmes provide special support

The Erasmus and Nordplus exchange programmes offer special support. If your disability means you need extra aids in order to go on the exchange, it's possible to receive extra funding to cover these costs. Talk to your study guidance counsellor or the disabilities officer at your university for more information and help with your application.

Page last updated 2023-12-05