How to apply

If you are studying at a Swedish university with the aim of getting a degree, you can study for 3–12 months at another European university participating in the Erasmus+ programme.

Applying for an Erasmus+ grant for studies

You apply for a grant at the Swedish university at which you’re studying. In order to apply for a grant for studies with Erasmus+, you must have been studying at a university for at least one year.

To apply for an Erasmus+ grant, talk to your department, the international office or a study guidance counsellor at your university. They can help you with your application and with more information about the conditions and application dates that apply to you.

Applying for extra funding for disabilities

If you have a disability that means you need any kind of extra help to be able to go on an Erasmus+ exchange, it is possible to apply for extra funding to cover these costs.

Talk to your study guidance counsellor or the disabilities officer at your university for more information and help with your application. See Stockholm University’s website: (in English)

You can also apply for grants for traineeship

Within Erasmus+ you can also receive a grant for a placement at a company or an organisation in another European country. Read more about this on the page about Erasmus+ traineeship.



Page last updated 2019-02-13